SnapTimer is a simple, free, portable countdown timer for Windows.
A popular productivity strategy is to use a timer to do mini-sprints of work. Using SnapTimer to help you increase your productivity and reduce procrastination. It's easier to get yourself to work on a difficult task for 5 minutes because there's a known end point.
- Simple, clean interface
- Displays time in the taskbar, as a hint in the tray and even in the right-click menu of the tray icon.
- Tray icons indicate the mode of the timer (running, paused, completed)
- Multiple alert types - message box, tray icon popup, audio file and any application
- Stopwatch mode when you set minutes to 0
- Play an optional ticking sound while the timer is running
- Countdown can be paused and restarted, or reset
- Portable (runs from your USB flash drive)
- Can stay on top of other windows
- No install required
- Low RAM usage
- Can automatically start counting down immediately
- Includes over 20 loop-friendly alarm sounds (Meaning they'll play over and over until you reset the timer)
- Can automatically restart timer when it finishes
- Lets you quickly and easily change the countdown time with mouse or keyboard shortcuts
- Automatically saves all settings (optional)
- Accepts time as command line argument, so you can create preset timer shortcuts or run the timer from a launcher (FARR, Launchy).
- Can be minimized to tray
- Supports multiple instances (You should disable always on top and probably autosave settings as well)
- Can be docked to a corner, in the center or restore the last screen location
- No internet access required
- Doesn't write to your registry
- No ads, spyware or malware
- 100% free