Home » Windows » Desktop Enhancements » Launchers » Executor
Start Download Now
ExecutorSetup.exe | 2.08 MB | VirusTotal Scan report
|Release Date||July 12, 2019|
|Operating Systems||Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10|
|Publisher||Martin Bresson - http://executor.dk|
Executor is a multi purpose launcher and a more advanced and customizable version of windows run. The program originated as I was sick of spending too much time searching for programs through my ever growing windows start-menu, and also I missed a tool that could ease and optimize my daily work flow. There was of course already programs like this available, but each had it's annoyance or missing features or too(!) geeky.
- Keywords have properties like shortcuts, and you can for example drag-drop a shortcut/file/folder/favorite to add it as a keyword.
- Auto-completion for keywords, file system and history (can also be configured).
- Url detection, Enter URLs directly (like www.google.com, mail.google.com, google.com or http://www.google.com).
- Keywords support parameters. Example "google latest executor" "wiki nirvana".
- Besides keywords Executor can also optionally and dynamically add matching start-menu items, control panel items and other handy items to the drop-down/list.
- Ability to add your own paths to scan for user defined file extensions.
- Keyword "find [text]" for using Windows Instant Search (Vista/Win7) feature or Windows Desktop Search (WDS for XP etc.).
- Can add keyword integration with popular services like GMail, Twitter, GCal, RTM and many others (see forums for howto's, tutorials and tips).
- Optional show icon for current keyword/input.
- Optional show drop-down box for current keyword/input (auto-completion).
- Optional drop-down box can be set to auto-open (like windows run) displaying auto-completion suggestions.
- Optional Vista like list displaying matching items.
- Layout can be customized. Set colors, font, dimensions, position, transparency and more.
- Skinable. Supporting alpha blending effects and free positioning of all elements.
- Each keyword can be assigned a hotkey, so Executor can also perform like many popular hotkey managers.
- Many settings to customize the program as you like.
- Can be launched from an user defined hotkey.
- One keyword or text input can start multiple keywords/urls/programs/documents/files etc. Example one keyword opens three websites and/or programs.
- Each keyword have properties like optional group (to organize into groups), customizable icon and other properties.
- A number of special commands (like for example pause and replace tag with parameter).
- Optional windows context-menu integration (as another way of easily adding new keywords).
- Optional show title for the current input.
- Can import keywords from windows start-menu.
- Can auto import keywords from an url on startup, so you can share keywords between different Executor installations (for example for cooperate use).
- Executor has a number settings on how you want it to find desired item(s). Text could "start with" or "contain text" (substring) or short form detection (for example typing ffox for firefox).
- All file-paths can be auto-completed (also when file-path is a parameter).
- Keywords to manipulate the current active window (center, resize to specific size, maximize width or height etc).
- Special keywords to list (and open) running applications, text previously copied to clipboard and recent documents. Can also strip formatting from clipboard text.
- Many special keywords like for example lock computer, restart, shutdown, standby, turn off monitor, mute sound, show date/time/week number etc.
- Shortcut keys for faster navigation.
- Integrated calculator.
- Import/Export keywords (import can also import directly from an url rather than a file).
- Option to override windows run hotkey (Win-R).
- Optional sounds.
- Integrated Windows context-menu (for example when right-clicking list items).
- At startup a number of keywords/commands optionally be launched.
- Set simple a simple alarm, timer, stop-watch (with optional alert sound).
- Pressing enter with no valid input will launch first suggested item (optional).
- Be able to grab text from hidden launched console applications and display text in input or in multi-lined text.
- Several hidden experimental/minor settings to play with (Example show time/date/other stuff when idle).
- Plus more...
- Free for commercial use.